I am 58 years old. I played college volleyball, tennis, and shot for a college rifle team. But I also run road races and cycle RIGHT NOW. I am the only gym owner and trainer around that actually walks the walk! I run just as fast now as I did when I had to take the Army Fitness Test, and with less injuries. I know what it takes to work with Boomers who have those creaky knees and elbows because I am a Boomer!
If you currently participate in athletic events and want to improve or if you just want to start running, cycling or if you just want to be able to do daily activities I can help you achieve your goals and get you those results! I can help you:
1. Improve Your Overall Fitness. I can give you professional assistance to improve cardiovascular health, strength, flexibility, endurance, posture, balance and coordination. I will monitor your progress and fine-tune your program as you go, helping you work your way off plateaus.
2. Reach or Maintain a Healthy Weight. Body fat reduction, weight reduction or management, body shaping and toning can all be achieved with me, because I can help you set realistic goals and determine safe strategies, all while providing the encouragement you need.
3.Learn to Stick to It. Sticking with well-intentioned plans is one of the biggest challenges exercisers face. I will provide the motivation you need for developing a lifestyle that places a high priority on health and activity. I will help you overcome your biggest obstacles to exercise.
4. Focus on Your Unique Health Concerns. I can help your specific health concerns or issues, including low-back pain and rehabilitation from injury or surgery. I can work with your physician, physical therapist or other health care provider to plan a safe, efficient program that will speed your recovery or enable you to reach your health goals.
5. Find the Right Way to Work Out. You will learn the correct way to use equipment, and appropriate form and technique for cardiovascular work and free-weight training.
6. Stop Wasting Time. Get maximum results in minimum time with a program designed specifically for you. Workouts that use your strengths and improve on your weaknesses are efficient and effective.
7. Learn New Skills. Want to improve your tennis game, learn to ski, become an in-line skater, golf like a pro, better your weekend basketball game or get ready for a wilderness adventure vacation? An individualized program can improve your overall conditioning and develop the specific skills you need.
8. Enhance Your Mind, Body and Spirit. I can be the doorway to new personal growth experiences and help you uncover new insights about yourself or find potential you didn’t realize you had.
9. Benefit From the Buddy System. What could be better than making a commitment to regularly meet with someone who will provide you with individualized attention and support?
10. Take Charge of Your Program, and Do It Your Way. With the right personal trainer, you can find the exercise program that works best for you. Are you more comfortable with a demanding program or a gentler approach? Would you like to train at home or at work, at our studio? How many times per week or month do you want to meet and for how long? You will get fit and healthy your way and take ultimate responsibility for your own health.
About Me: I am 58 years old and my passion is fitness. In high school I lettered in basketball, volleyball, and rifle. I also participated on a German volleyball team and won a scholarship. In college I played on the volleyball, tennis, and rifle teams. I was also in the military for 27 years at which time I was heavily involved in keeping fit and helping others to stay fit. Currently I like to run, walk, hike, and ride my bike. I have a passion for maintaining peak levels of fitness and I’ve been helping others do so as a Personal Trainer and fitness instructor for the last 30 years. I like to make sure my clients have fun, while also receiving the benefits of a great workout!
Philosophy: “If I can’t do it I won’t make you do it.”
Truly the best personal trainer I have experienced in all my 52 years of athletics and exercise both in and out of the military. Having a chronic disability that drains my energy as well as working full time brought me to the point of not exercising much over a 4 year period. In many ways I had given up and just didn’t think I could get in shape at this point in my life. After a short talk with Pauline she organized a workout once a week for about 30 minutes that has provided me with amazing results. The workouts are energetic, well organized, and address the whole body. With the information she has provided on exercises, her in depth knowledge of nutrition and ability to provide easy, well thought out nutritional meals that I can just grab and eat when I am tired has been invaluable. Over a 45 day period I have lost 15 pounds, gained more energy, able to do things I simply could not do over the last few years, as well I have been able to start running and biking again. Pauline’s in depth knowledge of personal training, exercise plans, as well as nutrition has been an invaluable addition to not only improving my health but also my mental awareness.
I was very fortunate to have Pauline, a dynamic and energetic woman, as my certified personal trainer for 5 months, two times a week, after having a knee replacement. I needed to gain confidence and strength in my knee and increase my core strength while training to walk again. She was very imaginative, methodical, and passionate, in coming up with exercises and using equipment that would initiate being in flight as I am a flight attendant. Every session was a surprise to see what unique training she developed for my personal needs and requirements. Her smiles, gentle praises, and mixture of vision and hope never wavered. Her caring character and support was shown again after calling and emailing me just to check in on my health and needs. Pauline, you are extremely influential in enabling me to return to a profession I love. I appreciate your coaching and friendship. Thank you.
Chantel Collins, United International Flight Attendant 27 years
The first time I worked out with Pauline I was impressed by her ability to push me to my limit but not over it. She is patient and careful to gently correct me when my technique is off. I am stronger than I have been in many years and her own personal dedication to staying in top shape along with her great sense of humor help me stay motivated. She is a great instructor and I am never bored in her classes as she mixes up several routines and always provides alternatives when an exercise is beyond my skill level which keeps me from being discouraged which in turn keeps me interested in returning to the gym. She has a wonderful way of making the work out fun but challenging. I love my time in her classes and recommend her to everyone I know.